Friday, April 11, 2008

Thing 22. What Did I Learn Today?

The question of continuing the blogging experience is an interesting question...this can be an addicting habit and a way to blow off steam (at least that was my attitude sometimes)...I don't expect to continue however in this venue...that is not to say I did not enjoy the experience...it was quite the fun ride and the amount of material to go through was overwhelming if you started with little knowledge of what was out there which was my situation when I began...

However, I never felt I was able in this blog to find the time to explore so many sites in depth and use them in a way that could effectively express a more comprehesive, insightful, and meaningful picture of what I really wanted to share with the world...

But that is not to say, I won't try in the future...this exercise showed me it is very possible to have fun and communicate on the net with these incredible tools that are so available to anyone (and at such little cost!). What I was thinking, instead, was to get out of the blog business, and go straight to something more interesting for me in order to express myself...and that might be building a library-themed complete web site itself...

Building a web site sounds tough, but I understand after going through all these "Things" that what can work for a blog can also work on a web site...and I like that idea better since I can create a more complete experience for visitors, show more of a vision, than in the blog world where I felt limited to just making people read my rantings and ravings, but nothing much more...

Also, hard for me in this exercise was this standing right in front of everyone and being the star in my own little world...I think I am more comfortable behind the scenes, where no one can see me, more of a back stage figure than that actor standing exposed and ego-driven; this would be too much for shy Shocker boy to handle in real life...so I am thinking a web site instead would allow me to move behind the curtain, wheareas staying with this blog would force me right up front, a place I don't like being for too long...so I will give this a lot of consideration, moving to building a web site, the tools that 23 Things showed me are certainly our there...I just have to figure out how to use them for myself...

No comments: