Friday, March 7, 2008

Thing 5. More Flicker fun

Well, more Flickr fun was less than fun for me at this point in my learning curve...mostly because of the frustration of using some whiz programmer's program where I don't have the coding skill to figure out how to customize the outcome....here's an example shown below...I tried to use this fun Flickr picture spelling program to just put my blog name out there, and it worked to a point as you can see, but the program gave me no help in adjusting the size or alignment of the letters, so I am not able to make it look precisely like I wanted it to appear....

I really do like all these games and cool programs out there, but all seemed like I had to accept them only the way the programmer had set them up, and that takes the real fun and enjoyment out of them for me since I always want to feel like I control exactly what my page looks like and what can be done on it...these programs, to my mind, would be a lot better if I had the ability to tweak them a bit to my liking, but I would need much more programming savvy to do that, so if any library wanted to actually use these fun things on their site, they had better have a highly skilled programmer available to make sure the program fits the look and attitude that the library web site wants to present...and if your library doesn't have these skills available, it can be just a shot in the dark whether these type programs fit into your public design or are just a mess of stuff thrown out on your site to merely amuse your visitors rather than support the real mission your library wants to promote...

S h o letter C K Viva Las Vegas 08 Subway Mosaic R II b cast O Y

No comments: